As a Principal serving the tax needs of our clients, the primary role will be to grow and build a successful business line serving the needs of the tax marketplace. As a key member of the Tax leadership team, you will be responsible for maintaining relationships with and advising individual tax clients and their business entities. Additional responsibilities include managing, researching, scheduling, supervising, and reviewing tax services/engagements while developing and mentoring members of the tax team. Partnering with other principals, managers, and directors on tax compliance, you will also work side-by-side with firm leadership and other team members to serve clients and build the business. You will be a valued mentor and coach to a group of talented staff, utilizing your expertise to help develop their technical and professional skills.
- Work independently performing quality work within deadlines, while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other Team Members and service providers.
- Have advanced computer skills, along with excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Actively recruit experienced and entry-level talent to build the team to support anticipated revenue generation.
- Train team members in the provision of the firm’s services, such that those team members grow professionally and take on ever increasing levels of responsibilities at an appropriate but rapid pace.
- Engage in activities to actively sell business the department and firm can service through participating in the preparation and submission of proposals, meeting with prospective clients, collaborating with team members throughout the firm to offer additional services to existing clients, and proactively engaging in business development activities (e.g., attending sponsored events and, if possible, presenting at/participating in conferences, workshops, webinars and seminars).
- Review and bill all unbilled WIP on a regular basis (not less than monthly in accordance with Department requirements) and provide for adequate WIP allowances, if necessary.
- Collect all balances owed to the firm in a timely fashion from clients where you serve as Principal, provide for allowances for uncollectable receivables and work with the Finance Department for alternative methods for collecting these fees.
- Serve as a resource to provide training to our team at scheduled CPE days or other learning events of the firm and the department.
- Serve as a Professional Development Program (“PDP”) advisor for an appropriate base of team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; Masters is a plus.
- Current CPA license.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in a public accounting and/or professional services firm.
- 3+ years Supervisory experience; Business Development experience also key.
A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary, along with performance-based bonus.