As the application owner and lead developer for VEPS, you are at the heart of designing Electronic Control Unit (ECUs) flash tools. In this role, you will be a key contributor and an empowered leader translating engineering requirements into real world manufacturing applications. Your expertise with ECUs and your ability to bridge the gap between technical support and engineering requirements will be pivotal in ensuring the effectiveness and reliability of our products.
- Work closely with engineering, manufacturing, and aftersales teams to gather, define, and document diagnostic requirements for the VEPS application, ensuring alignment with industry standards.
- Tool Development: You drive the continuous development and enhancement of the VEPS application. Your specific focus lies in monitoring production data, identifying emerging problems, and engaging cross functional teams to drive the resolution process.
- Integration: Integrate CAN trace analysis tools, diagnostic requirements, and VEPS-specific functionalities into our flash tool solutions, ensuring seamless and efficient communication within vehicle networks for ECU parameterization.
- Quality Assurance: Conduct rigorous testing and validation of VEPS, to guarantee its reliability and performance in the manufacturing process.
- Documentation: Maintain comprehensive documentation of tool development, VEPS diagnostic requirements, and test results.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with hardware and software engineering teams to provide insights and recommendations for improving product functionality, especially in the context of VEPS. Oversee offshore contract developers assigned to VEPS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in ECU flashing and parametrization.
- Basic software development skills. Prior exposure to software development processes.
- Experience in Diagnostic tools and CAN networks. Understanding diagnostic standards like ISO 14229.
- Familiarity with flash programming, diagnostics, and calibration tools for ECU parameterization.
NICE TO HAVES
- Proficiency in common CAN analysis tools such as Vector CANoe, Wireshark, CANalyzer, and others.
- Software development skills in .NET or Java.
- Experience with automotive or truck specific ECUs.
- Experience in automotive or truck manufacturing environments.
- IMS Mainframes and complex ECU BOMs (Bill of Material).
A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary plus performance-based bonus.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in MS Word format, to Derek Bush firstname.lastname@example.org. A fully detailed, formal specification will be sent to “top-level”, qualified candidates.