Role Overview: The Senior Tax Manager performs tax-related duties at the professional level and ensures effective and efficient delivery of quality tax services relating to the day-to-day operations of the department. A Senior Tax Manager also provides assistance, training, supervision and review regarding the work of other Tax Accountants and participates in business development and client relationship management. Please note: We are seeking a tax expert with a passion for making a difference and who could be looking for potential future promotional opportunities to Principal or beyond.
- Establish effective leadership abilities through the consistent demonstration of integrity, professionalism, confidentiality, and ethical behavior.
- Prioritize the success of the firm through a commitment to the strategic direction and participation with the organizational development of the firm.
- Demonstrate a commitment and ability to continued personal and professional development, and the establishment of strong technical expertise in a chosen area.
- Proactively anticipate and prevent potential exposures to risk or litigation.
- Manage staff and resources to maximize profitability in the department and industry group.
- Meet revenue and realization goals and manage billing and collections in a timely and effective manner.
- Participate in firm-wide, organizational development through review and assessment of systems and processes, identifying refinements as necessary to achieve optimum operational efficiency and the development of sustainable best practices.
- Promote a success-oriented environment within the company that creates an elevated level of employee morale.
- Provide meaningful coaching and mentoring to develop and maintain strong teams with a prominent level of individual personal growth, performance, and stability.
- Effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities to team members for their technical development.
- Identify and develop potential leaders for succession planning and Firm development.
- Proactively meet and exceed client expectations by understanding and anticipating their needs and develop the relationship to the level of a trusted advisor.
- Manage client relationships to maintain profitability and alignment with Firm objectives.
- Demonstrate a personal dedication and responsibility toward business development and collaborative marketing efforts to maximize the services provided across the Firm.
- Seven years of professional experience, preferably in a public accounting firm, with a minimum 5 years of supervising and training experience.
- Subject matter expertise in corporate, partnership, individual or trust and estate taxation required.
- Proven success with the management of Tax engagements and client relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Master’s degree is a plus.
- CPA required.
A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary, along with performance-based bonus.