Develops the market and business relationships with customers, buyers, and purchasing agents. Responsible for selling products and physical visits to customer sites through the designated territory of Mississippi, Memphis, TN, Alabama, and the I-10 corridor from Jacksonville, Florida through the Florida panhandle. Focus on existing account market share retention and growth and actively prospects for new distributor, contractor and builder opportunities. Maintains a professional image of the Company. Integrity, passion, and in-person skills are essential for this role. The ideal candidate comes from the contracting or building industry and has hands-on experience with the installation of engineered siding.
- Account retention and profitable sales growth.
- Engages accounts by means of physical and virtual visits to customer locations.
- Perform professional presentations or demonstrations of company product(s) while on-site.
- Stay apprised of competitor SWOT intel and leverage to win business.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Generate and develop new customer accounts to increase revenue, via prospecting and cold calling if necessary.
- Actively pursue tangential opportunities.
- Maintain accurate records, including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, billing invoices, and other documentation as required.
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of new products and services, competitor activities, and other research.
- Willing to travel outside of territory to assist in as needed growth opportunities such as contractor training and trade shows.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years equivalent experience will be considered.
- Must have worked with home builders and/or contractors and understand the processes to construct the building envelope.
- Must have an understanding of Engineered Siding especially Hardie and/or LP.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a major plus.
A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary plus performance-based bonus.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in MS Word format, to Derek Bush email@example.com. A fully detailed, formal specification will be sent to “top-level”, qualified candidates.