The Merchandising Manager will play an integral role in managing the seasonal retail and core wholesale apparel product line development process. This individual will be responsible for developing assortment frameworks and consumer centered product briefs that address their deep understanding of the target consumers, specialty channels and competitive set. This individual will also need to have a deep understanding of trends and analyze consumer and marketplace data. They will oversee and ensure that key deliverables, deadlines and milestones are met. The successful individual will have a relentless desire to gain a deep understanding of product, fashion, color and decorating trends in the wholesale and retail markets. This role functions on a hybrid schedule and is located full time in Barbados.
- Provide briefs and frameworks that give clear product direction and information.
- Support the management and execution of milestones from design brief to product launches.
- Initiate and manage creative briefs and manage all aspects of go-to-market activities for the category from sell-in through in-store/online.
- Manage seasonal costing to ensure margin goals are met.
- Have robust market knowledge of emerging brands and existing competitors.
- Analyze product line performance inclusive of add/drops, sell-in, sell-through, and monthly POS data.
- Support the Director of Product in preparation for sales/customer presentations.
- Lead team through the product development process and ensure timely completion of tasks in relation to the PDD or Merchandising calendar.
- Participate in fit sessions providing feedback and direction.
- Have a strong knowledge of jersey/fleece knit basics fabrications, construction and fit.
- In partnership with Marketing and Marketing services, be able to provide the product “why” for new marketing initiatives and storytelling on social media and at tradeshows.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Apparel Design, Merchandising, Product Line Management.
- 5-9+ years of experience in the activewear, apparel or garment industry.
- Understanding of apparel development and garment manufacturing processes, including fabrics and materials sourcing, fabrication and fit of garments.
- Ability to demonstrate a general understanding of the North America consumer (tastes, habits, preferences, interests and behaviors). International experience is a plus.
- Creativity and passion for product.
- Proven ability presenting and communicating with C-suite executives.
A competitive compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes an excellent base salary along with a performance-based bonus and a full Ex-Pat package.