Why we are different:
- Macro-Management Philosophy: We don’t track hours in or calls out, we value our employees for the relationships they build and the experience they bring to the table.
- Flexible Work Environment: We have doors you can shut when your coworker keeps talking about her cat (most of us have dogs anyway). Each Managing Director has the opportunity to work a hybrid schedule with 21 (and sometimes more) paid company holidays.
- Generalist Firm: We cover every industry from Nuclear Engineering to Higher Education, giving you plenty of room to play. Go after an industry you’re already in or follow a passion.
- Teaming Culture: Executive Search can feel a lot like living on an island with your volleyball named Wilson, but not here at HGI. Our Managing Directors are happy to travel and help win business.
Harvard Group International (HGI) provides multiple interdependent areas of consulting in support of our clients’ growth and sustainable competitiveness. Managing Director opportunities are available on the below team:
- Executive Search: HGI offers Executive Search Services for high- impact executive leadership and effective managers to meet the challenges of shifting market opportunities, increased competition, pricing pressures and decreased resources. This practice segment is ranked within the top 10% of all US executive search firms.
HGI is a well-run, lean, entrepreneurial organization where everyone sells. We take pride in our strong teaming culture, get-it-done drive, and sense of urgency that enables us to win and consistently gain market share.
Reporting Relationships: The Managing Director will be a leading figure in the company and industry. This position will report to a Principal Partner.
Responsibilities: The Managing Director will play an active role in domestic and international business development activities and will ensure the crisp execution of the business plan.
HGI Managing Directors have three distinct responsibilities:
- Business Development:
- Develop new clients and sell Professional Search Services.
- Possess the knowledge and drive to build, continually close and maintain large world-class accounts.
- Have strong closing instincts in all aspects of client and candidate relationships.
- Project Management:
- Effectively lead, strategize and close each search project. The Managing Director’s Project Management role is initiated when the first client agreement is signed.
- Exceed client expectations, implement a project strategy and close the search(s).
- Confirm with HGI Finance that all invoices are accurate and have been sent in a timely matter.
- Team Development (after first year):
- Build, develop and manage a successful team. Team Development is a type of hiring and is only required of the Managing Directors who have successfully implemented the HGI/CQR approach to the Professional Search business.
- Be more than a leader; he/she will also be a teacher and a student who invests the time to lead, teach and learn with each team on every project.