The General Manager is the Accountable Manager and have will full P&L responsibility for the engine maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) and the engine test center based in Miami, FL. The preferred leader must have in-depth operating experience in the aerospace engine maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) business, be operations focused, hands-on, and entrepreneurial. The perfect candidate has engine shop experience specifically servicing CFM engine components, overhaul, or repair.
- Have full management responsibility for all business operations (P&L and program performance). Immediate task will be to assume control of the business, its activities, customers, current strategy, operating plans, and policies.
- Oversight of manufacturing and sourcing operations to ensure minimum cost, high quality and on time fulfillment of customer orders.
- Ensure tight control is maintained over business performance and that operating management responds quickly and effectively to any problems or adverse trends.
- Have accountability for establishing and meeting commitments for on-time, on-budget investments, organizational changes, capital improvements, and expansions of the business.
- Provide input to process improvement initiatives – leads and participates in corrective action teams.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers.
- Ensure compliance with company standards for revenues, efficiencies, cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete on-time delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
- 5 years of experience as a GM position in engine maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) facility.
- 5 years’ experience of P&L accountability
- Knowledge and extensive use of lean principles and “Agile” philosophy at an operational level
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- A&P License preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification strongly desired
- Must possess a good understanding of an engine MRO operation and possess the ability to manage from both a strategic and tactical perspective.
- Prior experience and understanding with CFM56-5B and/or CFM56-7B engines.
A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary plus performance-based bonus.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in MS Word format, to email@example.com. A fully detailed, formal specification will be sent to “top-level”, qualified candidates.