The Financial Risk & Controls Manager will help develop and lead Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance program. This Manager role works with individuals and teams across the organization to maintain adequate controls and support the Company’s strategic objectives. The Financial Risk & Controls Manager position also supports the growth of the control environment by providing training on risk and control topics and collaborating with other risk partners.
This role is open to qualified applicants seeking 100% remote work from home.
- Manage the overall SOX compliance program, including risk assessment, risk, and control identification, design assessments, operating effectiveness testing, and deficiency evaluation. (45%)
- Perform project management to ensure SOX program goals are being met timely and accurately. (15%)
- Provide training as necessary to control owners and others, as applicable, to ensure an effective SOX program. (10%)
- Coordinate with other risk groups and the external auditor to ensure program alignment and
- Communicate clearly, timely, and efficiently with stakeholders and members of management to provide status updates, identify and resolve issues, and report on any matters as needed. (10%)
- Manage and develop the team through coaching and performance feedback to help meet the organization and personal goals. (10%)
- 3 – 5 years of previous work experience in the Financial Services Industry experience required
- 1 – 3 years of experience supervising employees directly.
- 4 or more years of experience in public accounting, including experience auditing the internal control over financial reporting of publicly traded companies.
- Proficiency with:
- Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Internal Control-Integrated Framework (2013) issued by the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO).
- Auditing Standards of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB).
- US GAAP.
- Excellent leadership skills and strong communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Accounting is required; Master’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
CPA and/or CIA preferred.
A competitive compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes an excellent base salary and profit sharing.